Monday, December 29, 2008

Being a mom


So, I have always made fun of people who blogged. I thought who in the world has that much time on their hands to sit and post daily or even weekly?? And how arrogant of someone to think that what they have to say will be read and followed by hundreds of people in the vast space of the Internet. Well, I guess I am now a hypocrite.

There is nothing on this earth that can compare to being a mom. No one will ever understand it until it happens to them. I remember being out at restaurants or even movies and thinking to myself "Shut that kid up" Why on earth are they out with their baby, if all it's doing is crying??

Well now I get it. If everyone that had children stayed home, there would be a spike in murder/suicides across the country. Yes, I said it. As parents you have to get out of the house, even if it might involve public screaming, and those single people who are so jaded and have no clue what unconditional love means and never will until they experience having a child... give you those glares, or look at you and roll their eyes... I feel sad for them. I never wanted kids... or so I thought, then I met the right person, fell in love, got married, and here I am 4 yrs later with a daughter.

To all you single people (when I say single, I mean those of you without kids) enjoy the time you have, don't be so quick to judge parents who are out of the house with their screaming kids, yes some places are totally inappropriate to bring children... and I too shake my head when I see someone out at 3am with their child... But for the most part kids will be kids, you were once that screaming child, while your parents tried to console you and received the death stare, one day you will have children (if you want them that is) and then maybe, you just might have a deeper understanding of what it takes to truly sacrifice for someone else, what unconditional love really means, and that life didn't really start to begin until your child came into your life.

No comments: