Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hopeful

I can't believe it. I am so amazed. I was in Orlando in Oct. with my daughter, my mom, and my step dad we were at the Obama and Hillary rally in Orlando with so much hope and belief that this day could actually be possible. I didn't believe that we would actually get here, I was pessimistic... I thought that once again the vision of the same would defeat the vision of hope and change.

I watched today proudly.Obama's speech brought tears to my eyes, as I watched with my 7 month old daughter, I can now tell her she was there when the first African American took office, we were at the rally before the vote, and we voted together.

I feel inspired, and hopeful and if you know me at all, it takes a lot for me to feel that way. On this day I am proud to call myself an American. The next 4 years won't be easy but at least there will be a man in power who is young, and truly wants to inspire America to be the best that it can.

No comments: