Sunday, January 18, 2009

What was I thinking?

I am back in school AGAIN. What was I thinking? I am trying to write a paper, which frankly I could care less about... I need some type of motivation. Could it be Sienna, or my dear husband? Or the fact that I will feel accomplished and have more career opportunities? I hate getting back into the groove of writing papers, studying, reading, and constantly having classes on the brain. So why did I go back to school you ask? Because I will forever be non committal on choosing a career... permanence of a "job" is scary to me. I am not one that handles "the same" all the time for the next 30 years very well. I love the health care industry but it BURNS you out, unless you work in a doctor's office then it becomes extremely BORING. So what's a gal to do? I thought about teaching, getting a master's and becoming a Nurse Practitioner, maybe psychology.. but who wants to listen to people whine all day...

I am just bitching right now, throwing a tantrum like a 6 year old child who just has to have that toy on the shelf. I will stop procrastinating and write the paper, read the chapters, and get an A in all my classes like always... but for tonight, I am throwing up my hands, stomping my feet and protesting myself! Just choose a career and be happy!! It seems everyone else can do it so why can't I??

1 comment:

Keith said...

Amber, so I can understand where you are coming from on career selection. I just had the below book ($14 on Amazon) recommended to me as a way to help focus my energy into my strengths, maybe it will help you also.

StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now, Discover Your Strengths